|4||Tomatoes peeled; seeded and, chopped or 1 can tomatoes|
|1 teaspoon||Dry thyme|
|1 tablespoon||Caraway seeds|
|Salt and pepper; to taste|
|¼ cup||Rice; uncooked|
|¼ cup||Dry white wine|
1. Blanch cabbage in boiling water. Drain Seeparate 12 leaves. Save rest for soup
2. Grind beef in food processor along with 1 onion,1 clove garlic.
3. Transfer to a bowl and add salt, pepper, thyme,1 T paprika and rice.
Stir to combine. Set aside
4. Chop rest of onions and mince the other clove garlic.
5. Cook onion and garlic in oil until onion is soft.
6. Stir in tomatoes and cook until almost a paste. Stir in sugar.
7. Meanwhile place 2 Tbs filling in one side of cabbage leaf and roll leaf up tucking sides in.
8. Add paprika,salt, pepper and caraway to sauce.
9 Put half the sauerkraut in the pan.Place rolls in pan on top ofsauerkraut. Add wine. Top it with the rest of the sauerkraut .
10 Simmer 1½ hour adding a little water when sauce starts to dry.
11. Stir in cream and serve at once.
NOTES : Based on my goulash recipe Recipe by: Miriam Podcameni Posvolsky Posted to TNT - Prodigy's Recipe Exchange Newsletter by Leon & Miriam Posvolsky <miriamp@...> on Oct 25, 1997
Random recipe of the day