1. Stuffed Pasta ++ Cook the very large shell pasta or manacotti tubes until al dente. Stuff with your favorite meat/seafood salad mixture. (I like egg salad with mayo, black or green olives, chopped green onion, celery, and a generous helping of celery seed, myself).
Tuna salad is good, too.
2. Steak burritos. Stuff flour tortillas with leftover steak, sauteed or grilled onions, green peppers, some cheese, and include a little container of hot sauce. He can nuke the burritos until hot.
3. Breakfast burritos. Fry some sausage, add a handful of frozen hash browns to the fat, and cook until crispy. Add an egg, and scramble.
Pile on a flour tortilla, add a small amount of cheese, and roll.
Include some hot sauce. Again, he can nuke it until hot.
4. Chile con queso with veggies. Package a small, microwavable container of queso dip, along with an assortment of fresh veggies.
He can heat the dip, and chow down.
5. Inside out pizza. Divide a loaf of frozen bread dough into four pieces. Roll each piece into a round. Sprinkle the dough with Parmesan cheese. Add a couple of tablespoons of your favorite spaghetti or pizza sauce, and small amounts of whatever toppings you like on pizza. Fold the rounds over, and seal the edges very well.
Place on a cornmeal-covered baking sheet, and let rise. Bake according to the directions on the bread dough package until nicely browned. These are good cold, but better if he heats 'em up for a few minutes in the microwave.
Submitted By SHARON STEVENS On 04-19-95
Random recipe of the day