|½ cup||French brandy|
|1 quart||Fish stock|
|¼ cup||White wine|
|1 teaspoon||Tomato puree|
|1 cup||Heavy cream|
|1 tablespoon||Lobster base|
|Puff pastry dough|
1. Make a roux with butter and flour.
2. Break the lobster up in sections. Roughly chop the celery and onion (white mirepoix). Brown the onions, celery, and lobster meat in a 425 F oven; stir every 10-15 minutes. 3. Remove from the oven when browned and place on the range; flame with French brandy. Add the shallots, fish stock, and white wine; let simmer for at least 1 hour. Cool slightly and strain through a fine sieve.
4. To the strained bisque, add the saffron, tomato puree, cream, and lobster base to taste.
5. Thicken the bisque with the roux to desired consistency.
6. At time of service, fill six oven-proof serving dishes with the bisque.
Egg wash the rim of each dish and top with the puff pastry dough. Egg wash the puff pastry and bake in 425 F oven until golden brown and puffed.
WATERSIDE, NORFOLK; WINE:CLOS DU BOIS-EARLY HARVEST REISLING 1982 From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of Mexican Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day