|5 ounces||Caster sugar|
|1||Lemon; grated , rind of|
1. Pre-heat oven to 180øC/350øF/Gas Mark 4.
2. Heat 2oz / 50g of the sugar gently in a heavy-based saucepan until it melts and turns golden brown.
3. Pour the caramelised sugar into a warmed 1 pint / 550ml mould, making sure that it coats the bottom.
4. Boil the milk, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
5. Beat the remaining sugar with the egg yolks until thick and creamy.
Gradually add the milk, lemon rind, almonds and salt. Mix well.
6. Pour the mixture into the mould. Place mould in a large ovenproof dish and pour in enough hot water to reach half way up the sides of the mould.
Bake for 1 hour or until set.
7. Cool, then refrigerate. To turn out run a knife around the mould and turn upside down onto a serving dish.
Converted by MC_Buster.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.
Random recipe of the day