|1½||Sticks unsalted butter|
|2 tablespoons||Sugar (more if needed)|
|1||Egg white; lightly beaten|
|1¼ cup||Dark corn syrup|
|¼ cup||Unsalted butter; melted|
|1 cup||Brown sugar, packed|
|1½ cup||Pecans; coarsely chopped|
|1 cup||Pecan halves|
1. Using butter, flour, sugar and water, make pastry according to Cuisinart directions.
2. With rack in lower third of oven, preheat to 400F. Roll pastry into 10-inch pie plate, cover with waxed paper and pie weights. Reduce heat to 375F, bake 10 more minutes. Remove weights and bake 2-3 minutes more.
3. Reduce heat to 350F. Brush pie shell with egg white.
4. Mix corn syrup and brown sugar in small saucepan. Boil over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
5. Beat eggs, add syrup, then melted butter, chopped pecans and vanilla.
Pour into shell. Arrange pecan halves on top.
6. Bake until center is set, 40-50 minutes. Cover with foil if pie starts to overbrown.
Recipe By : Beverly Ellis
Posted to EAT-L Digest 16 October 96 Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 05:33:52 -0700 From: Yardena Arar <denny@...>
Random recipe of the day