|1 pounds||Seedless raisins|
|1 teaspoon||Baking soda|
|½ cup||Soft butter|
|½ teaspoon||Ground cloves|
|½ teaspoon||Ground nutmeg|
|2 teaspoons||Ground cinnamon|
|3 cups||Cake flour|
|2 cups||Chopped walnuts|
Here's a yummy dessert from The Complete Around the World Cookbook.
1. Plump raisins by cooking them in water 10 minutes; strain and reserve 1 cup liquid.
2. Add baking soda to reserved raisin liquid; set aside.
3. Cream together butter, sugar, eggs, salt and spices until fluffy.
4. Add flour and liquid alternately, beating well after each addition.
5. Stir in raisins and nuts; beat thoroughly.
6. Pour into a well-greased 1-inch tube pan; bake in preheated 325 degree oven 1½ hours, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool on wire rack before removing from pan.
Posted to Bakery-Shoppe Digest V1 #402 by vergie1@... (Vergie A Ewing) on Nov 19, 1997
Random recipe of the day