|2 tablespoons||Vinegar or lemon juice|
|3 cups||Bread flour|
|1½ tablespoon||Margerine or oil|
|½ cup||Grated Parmesan cheese|
|½ teaspoon||Italian spice mix|
|½ tablespoon||Yeast (not rapid rise)|
From: "Sharon H. Frye" <shfrye@...> Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 18:56:05 EDT This is another keeper breadmachine recipe I found while "surfing"....who knows where it came from, for I'll never find that "link" again. See my notes at the end. I adapted this to fit my Panasonic machine.
1. Mix together milk and vinegar (or lemon juice) and set aside for about 5 minutes.
2. Place flour, salt, margerine, sugar, cheese, and Italian spice in bread machine basket in the order given.
3. Add the milk/vinegar mixture to the basket.
4. Place yeast in yeast dispenser.
5. Select sandwich mode. Start the machine. Takes four hours.
Personal notes: Boy, is this ever good! This makes the best Reuben sandwiches in the world....forget the rye bread; this is much better. We also used it for plain grilled cheese, and it was great.
If you are having a pasta meal, simply butter this and add a little garlic powder, then toast.
The kids liked this just adding a slice of Mozarella to the top, then broiling until the cheese melted.
EAT-L Digest 2 July 96
From the EAT-L recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day