|1||Recipe Favorite Chili|
|6 tablespoons||Unsalted Butter -- melted|
|1 cup||Monterey Jack Cheese --|
|Green Olives, Sliced|
|Jalapeno Peppers, Chopped|
1. Prepare chili as directed and chill.
2. Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a 15½ x 10 ½ x 1-inch jelly roll pan.
3. place 1 leaf of phyllo on a towel with the long edge in front of you, and brush lightly with melted butter. Place a second leaf on top, and brush again with butter. Top with a third leaf (do not brush with butter), and cut the stack in half crosswise.
4. Spoon about ¾ cup chili along the near edge of each phyllo stack, leaving about 1-inch border uncovered on each side.
5. Holding the towel corners nearest you, flip the towel up, causing the phyllo to roll over on itself and cover the filling. (you can do both stacks with one flip.) Turn the edges in over the filling and continue to roll 1 strudel at a time to the end. Carefully place each strudel on the greased pan, seam side down. Repeat 3 more times with the remaining chili and phyllo. Brush the strudel tops with melted butter, place the pan in the middle of the preheated oven, and bake for 12 to 14 mins, until the strudels are crisp and golden brown.
6. If you have an attractive oven-safe serving platter, transfer the strudels to it, and sprinkle the cheese on top. (Otherwise, leave the strudels in the pan.) Return the strudels to the oven until the cheese melts, about 3 mins. Remove pan from oven, garnish the strudels, and serve 1 strudel to each guest, placing some olives, onions, peppers and tomatoes on each plate.
Recipe By : The Supermarket Epicure-Joanna Preuss-ISBN 0-688-08049-9
From: Dan Klepach Date: 03-01-95 (9) Cooking
Random recipe of the day