|20||Potato; sliced thin|
|3||Spanish onions; sliced thin|
|¾ cup||Olive oil|
|1½ pounds||Swiss cheese or gruyere; grated|
|TT kosher salt|
|TT black pepper|
|¾ cup||Fresh basil; finely chopped|
1. In a bowl toss potato slices with onion & bay leaves in the olive oil.
Spread them on a baking sheet and cover with aluminum foil.
2. Bake at 350* for 20 minutes, remove foil & bake an additional 10 - 15 minutes until potato's are fully cooked.
3. Mix together the cheese & seasonings.
4. In an oiled baking dish, layer potato's with the cheese mixture (alternate) end with cheese on top.
5. Cover & bake at 350* until cheese is melted & bubbling. (You may brown top if you like)
NOTES : VARIATIONS: add garlic to the potato's before baking, use half swiss & half Parmesan, or use rosemary instead of basil.
Recipe by: S.C.I. - Jamie, Az.
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 529 by CuisineArt <CuisineArt@...> on Jan 14, 1998
Random recipe of the day