|1 pack||Yeast, not instant|
|1¼ cup||Warm water|
|2¾ cup||Bread flour|
|6 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|4 tablespoons||Grated parmesan cheese|
|½ teaspoon||Dried rosemary, crushed|
|1 teaspoon||Coarse salt|
1. Dissolve the yeast and the sugar in ¾ cup warm water, about 110 degrees. Set aside for 15 minutes until very foamy.
2. Stir in 1 cup flour. Cover with plastic wrap and let this sponge proof in a warm place until tripled idn volume and very bubbly, about 3 hours.
3. Into the yeast mixture, add the remaining ½ cup warm water, 2 T olive oil, ½ t regular salt, parmesan and rosemary.
4. Add enough of the remaining flour to form a soft and workable dough. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
5. Oil a large bowl. Put the dough into the bowl, cover loosely and let rise in a wam place until doubled in size, about 1½ hours.
6. Sprinkle a baking sheet with the cornmeal. Divide the dough into 4 parts and roll each into a circle about 7 in. in diameter. Place on the baking sheet. Use the tips of your fingers to make the dimples in the dough. Spoon a tablespoon of olive oil on each bread piece and sprinkle with the coarse salt and pepper.
7. Bake in a preheated 475F oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Submitted by Andy Biegel, Sysop Culinary Cuisine BBS and Hub of Kook-Net Typed in MM format by Linda Fields, Cyberealm BBS and home of Kook-Net Watertown NY 315-786-1120
Random recipe of the day