|1||2 inch piece vanilla bean|
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. 2. In saucepan, bring the milk & vanilla bean to just below boiling. Remove from the heat & cover to let the bean steep.
3. Heat ½ cup sugar in skillet over low heat until melted and light brown. Pour at once into 6 custard cups, dividing evenly. Swirl sugar around cups (Work with care as carmel is very hot).
4. Beat together eggs, egg yolks and remaining ½ cup sugar until light & foamy. Slowly add the milk (discard the vanilla bean) & mix thoroughly. Add spices & brandy & blend. Pour into custard cups.
5. Place cups in a shallow pan & pour enough boiling water around cups to come halfway up sides. Place in preheated oven & reduce heat to 350 F. Bake 40-45 min. or until knife inserted in the center of custard comes out clean. Chill.
6. To unmold, loosen edge & slip point of knife along side to let air in.
the point of a knife along the side to let air in. Invert on plate.
EAST QUINCY, DENVER
From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of Mexican Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day