|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|1 teaspoon||Grated lemon zest|
|3 cups||Milk; scalded and cooled|
1. Place the sugar and water in a small, heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the sugar begins to turn a light golden color.
2. Using pot holders and a wooden spoon, carefully pour the sugar syrup into a 2-quart ring mold. Using the pot holders, rotate the mold so that the caramel coats the bottom and sides before it hardens. Set aside to cool.
3. Place 2 in. of water in a deep pan large enough to hold the ring mold.
Place in oven and preheat to 350 F.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, cooled milk, salt, and sugar. Pour the mixture into the prepared mold.
5. Place the mold into the larger pan with water. Bake 50 min. or until set. Remove from the pan of water and allow to cool. Refrigerate.
6. To serve, unmold on a serving platter.
CHICAGO, MORTON GROVE
WINE: LOS REYES
From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of Mexican Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day