|Safflower oil -- to coat|
|¾ cup||Low-fat ricotta cheese|
|¼ cup||Low-fat small curd cottage|
|½ cup||Crumbled feta cheese|
|¼ cup||Grated low-fat mozzarella|
|2 tablespoons||Dried dill|
|¼ cup||Finely minced parsley|
|½ teaspoon||Pressed garlic|
|8||Sheets filo dough|
|4 tablespoons||Unsalted butter (plus 1|
|Teaspoon) -- melted|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil muffin tin. In blender or food processor, puree cheeses. Add egg and blend mixture well.
2. By hand, stir dill, parsley, and garlic into cheeses. Spoon mixture into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate while proceeding with next steps.
3. Stack sheets of filo dough on a clean, dry surface. Brush each sheet with 1 teaspoon melted butter, and lay buttered sheets one on top of another. Cut piled sheets into 24 squares of 2-½ inches each.
4. Press squares into muffin tin cups, and spoon 1 tablespoon cheese filling into each. Fold edges of filo over filling and lightly brush top of each filo pastry with remaining butter.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, watching carefully so that pastries do not burn. Remove from tins, and let them cool slightly before serving.
Recipe By : the California Culinary Academy From: Date: File
Random recipe of the day