|Apricot preserves; *your choice|
1. Cream butter and sugar until light.
2. Add flour and salt. Chill slightly and roll ⅛" thick between wax paper sheets. Roll only a small amount of dough at a time.
3. Using a 2½" cookie cutter, cut cookies. Cut center out of half of cookies
4. Bake all cookies on ungreased sheets at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or less, until very lightly browned.
5. Cool on wire racks. Spread whole cookies with preserves, piled higher in center. Top with cookie ring. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Notes: Store in tin box between layers of wax paper.
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 316 by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Nov 27, 1997
Random recipe of the day