|4||Filet mignon steaks; 1/2 lb ea|
|Sal and pepper|
|1||Ladle dry white wine|
|½||Ladle white vinegar|
|1 tablespoon||Dried or fresh tarragon|
|Salt and white pepper; to taste|
1. Wrap bacon around steaks using toothpicks to hold bacon and season with freshly ground pepper
2. Heat oil and butter in a pan.
3. Cook steaks 2 minutes on each side ( 2 staks at a time) 4. Season with salt
5. Bake 5 minutes in 400 oven.
1. Place wine and herbs in a saucepan and reduce over low heat to 1 tablespoon.
2. Strain liquid back into saucepan.
3. Divide butter into teaspoons portions.
4. Place saucepan in bain marie and stir until it just begins to slightly thicken. Start incorporating butter, whipping or stirring with a wooden spoon, a teaspoon at a time after each portion has been incorporated.
Toward the end you may add larger portions. Until sauce is thick like a very firm mayonnaise.
5. May be done up to half an hour before serving.
6. Do not reheat.
Serving Ideas : Serve with steak and dauphine potatoes NOTES : If sauce becomes too thick add a teaspoon water. If sauce breaks, stir in 1 teaspoon milk and stir vigorously.
Serve with potato baskets or dauphine potatoes: Posted to TNT - Prodigy's Recipe Exchange Newsletter by Leon & Miriam Posvolsky <miriamp@...> on Sep 18, 1997
Random recipe of the day