|¼ cup||Hot water|
|8||Cubes chicken bouillon|
|1 pack||Dry yeast|
|1½ cup||Tomato juice|
|2 cups||All-purpose flour|
|2 cups||Wheat germ|
|1½ cup||Whole wheat flour|
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees, then pour rhe water into a large bowl.
Add the sugar and yeast and let stand for about 5 minutes. Then add th e chicken bouilion cubes. Crush them with a fork as you stir them in.
2. Add the tomato juice, 1 c all-purpose flour and the wheat germ. Stir with a large spoon to form a smooth batter. Then stir in the remaining all-purpose and whole wheat flours ( this will make the dough very dry and stiff). You'll probably have to use your hands to finish mixing.
3. Sprinkle flour on your cutting board, then take a couple of handfuls of dough out and work into a small ball shape. Then, with a rolling pin flatten the balls to about ¼ thick on the cutting board. If the dough is too sticky, add a little more flour 4. Now use a table knife to cut out your people shapes. Then repeat the whole process again with the rest of the dough, working a few handfuls at a time.
5. Finally, use a spatula to put your people biscuits onto a cookie sheet.
Then bake at 300 degrees for about an hour. Afterwards, let them dry in the turned-off oven for quite a while, four hours or so.
6. Serve with a bowl of water and a nice big bone.
Posted to EAT-L Digest - 17 Jun Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 16:27:51 -0400 From: Kathleen Kelly-Collins <KateyKC@...> Recipe By : Kids Cooking by Klutz
Random recipe of the day