|12||Fresh mini choux cases; 60g box|
|50 grams||Caster sugar; (2oz)|
|3||Egg yolks; size 3|
|2 tablespoons||Plain flour|
|300 millilitres||Milk; (1/2 pint)|
|40 grams||Candied peel; finely diced|
|2 tablespoons||Conitreau or orange juice|
|50 grams||Icing sugar; sifted (2oz)|
|Angelica; cut into holly|
|; shapes to decorate|
1. Whisk together the sugar and egg yolks until pale.
2. Sift the flours and gradually whisk into the egg mixture.
3. Bring the milk to the boil and pour onto the egg mixture, whisking continually. Return the mixture to the heat and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring continually until thickened.
4. Stir in the candied peel and Cointreau or orange juice and allow to cool.
5. Make a cut through each choux bun, spoon the cooled custard inside and arrange on a serving place.
6. Mix together the icing sugar and sufficient cold water to form a fairly thick icing. Drizzle over the choux buns and decorate with angelica holly leaves.
Converted by MC_Buster.
NOTES : Delicious, quick, easy to make festive dessert with the convenience of using ready baked choux buns.
Converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.
Random recipe of the day