|20||Medium-size fresh shrimp; peeled and deveined|
|½||Lemon; juice of|
|1 cup||Diced fresh pineapple|
|¼ cup||Whipping cream|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 large||Head Bibb lettuce; washed and dried|
|½ cup||Coarsely chopped walnuts|
|¼ cup||HOMEMADE MAYONNAISE:|
|⅛ teaspoon||White pepper|
|1 cup||Olive oil|
1. In a medium saucepan, bring cold water to a rolling boil with 1 tsp. of the salt. Add the shrimp and cook about 6 minutes until just pink. Do not overcook. Remove. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Core and dice the apples, leaving the skin intact. Toss with the lemon juice in a large mixing bowl. Peel and dice the avocado. Add to the apples with the pineapple. Add the drained shrimp, blend together, and cover.
3. In a small jar with a secure lid, combine Homemade Mayonnaise, whipping cream, ½ tsp. of the salt, and pepper. Tighten the lid and shake vigorously to blend. Pour over salad and toss.
4. Pile the salad in the center of 4 salad plates layered with the lettuce leaves. Top with the walnuts and serve immediately. Directions for Homemade Mayonnaise:
1. With a rotary beater, beat the egg yolks well in a large mixing bowl.
Add the salt, mustard, pepper, and 1 tsp. of vinegar. Beat together.
2. Gradually add the oil, one drop at a time, while beating, until about half the oil has been incorporated. Add ½ tsp. of the vinegar, then continue with the oil. When all the oil has been incorporated, add the remaining ½ tsp. vinegar and blend. The mayonnaise should be thick and creamy.
R STREET N.W., WASHINGTON, D.C. BEV: TIO PEPE DRY SHERRY
From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of Mexican Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day