|8||Ripe; sweet chilies (half California chilies and half Ancho chilies; if possible)|
|1½ ounce||Mexican dark chocolate|
|1 tablespoon||Onion; chopped|
|14 ounces||Monterey Jack cheese; grated|
1. Place chilies in hot water and let stand 1 hour. Remove from water.
2. Place chilies in a blender together with all other ingredients except oil, flour and onion. Blend and pass through a fine strainer.
3. Heat oil in a saucepan. When hot, add flour and onion and stir about 1 minute. Add sauce and mix well until it comes to a boil. Boil for approximately 10 minutes. ENCHILADA: 1. Place tortillas, one at a time, in hot oil. Flip to moisten both sides and place on a dish.
2. Put 2-½ oz. cheese on each tortilla. Add a small amount of sauce.
Roll and cover with sauce and a layer of cheese.
3. Bake in a 450 F oven for about 5 minutes.
NOTE: The Enchilada Sauce can be prepared in advance. In fact, the flavor will improve after 2 days. Note: This sauce is also used for tampigeena tiras de filete.
SAN FRANCISCO. BEVERAGE: CARTA BLANCA OR DOS EQUIS BEER.
From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of Mexican Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day