|Extra virgin olive oil|
|7 ounces||Non-stick rice|
|1 cup||White wine|
|4||Peeled tomatoes; chopped|
|1||Pat of butter|
|4 tablespoons||Parmigiano Reggiano|
|1||Tuft of parsley|
|Few needles of fresh rosemary|
|1||Tuft of chives|
|3||Fresh dill sprigs|
From: Pat Gold <plgold@...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 18:11:57 -0700 I came across a magazine called "La Cocina Italiana" today ... I think this is issue # 2. At any rate there were 3 recipes in an article called Kosher (In Accordance with the Jewish Dietary Laws) and although I haven't tried them they sounded interesting enough to post to the list. "Italian Kosher With Peevy Steller".
1. Chop the herbs finely and lightly fry them in a small amount of olive oil, with the garlic.
2. Meanwhile cook the chopped tomatoes in salt water.
3. Take out the garlic and add the rice, saute briefly and add a cup of white wine.
4. When the liquid evaporates, add the chopped tomatoes.
5. Add a pat of butter, abundant parmigiano and a few spoonfuls of cream at the end.
JEWISH-FOOD digest 254
From the Jewish Food recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day