|1 medium||Size eggplant|
|8 ounces||Ricotta cheese|
|1||Jar marinara sauce|
|3 ounces||Grated cheese|
Source: Amit Cookery
1. Preheat oven to 425. Peel eggplant and cut crosswise into thin slices.
Dredge each slice with flour and brown on both sides in hot oil.
2. Cook ziti 6 minutes according to package directions. Drain and return to pot. Blend in ricotta cheese, half of the sauce, half of the grated cheese.
Season with garlic powder and oregano.
3. Cover the bottom of a baking dish with part of the ziti mixture and top it with a layer of eggplant. Add alternating layers of remaining ziti and eggplant until both are used.
4. Pour remaining half of the sauce over the top, and sprinkle with remaining half of grated cheese.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until brown and crispy.
I've made this numerous times and it's always a hit. Usually substitute the lb. container of low fat cottage cheese for the ricotta and use more of the grated cheese, either Swiss, mozzarella or muenster.
Posted to JEWISH-FOOD digest by HKS94@... on Feb 8, 1999, converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.
Random recipe of the day