|3 cups||All-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon||Baking powder|
|¼ teaspoon||Baking soda|
|16 teaspoons||Unsalted butter; softened, plus one teaspoon for buttering the pan|
|2 cups||Sugar; plus 2 tablespoons for sugaring the pan|
|1½ teaspoon||Pure vanilla extract|
|½ teaspoon||Pure almond extract|
|5 larges||Eggs; at room temperature|
|4 ounces||White chocolate; melted and still warm|
|1 cup||Sour cream|
|4 ounces||White chocolate chunks or chips|
|8 ounces||White chocolate; coarsely chopped|
|½ cup||Heavy cream|
|4 ounces||Semisweet chocolate; melted and still warm|
WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, Butter and sugar bundt pan.
2. In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and cream together using the electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and almond extracts and eggs, 1 at a time, beating for 20 seconds after each addition.
Slowly beat in the melted chocolate. Scrape down the bowl.
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in thirds, alternating with the sour cream. Beat for 45 seconds after each addition. Place the batter in the prepared pan in 3 layers, separating each layer with chocolate chunks or chips.
5. Bake for 44 to 60 minutes. The top will be brown, and a cake tester inserted in the center will come out with a few crumbs on it. Remove the cake to a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes, then invert it onto the wire rack and let cool to room temperature.
Make the ganache:
6. In a ceramic or glass bowl covered with plastic wrap, heat the white chocolate with the heavy cream on High in a microwave oven for 30-second internals, stirring after each interval, until smooth. Let the ganache cool for about 10 minutes, ten drizzle it over the cake in a decorative pattern.
7. Pour the melted semisweet chocolate into the squeeze bottle and squeeze it over the white chocolate in a decorative pattern.
8. Transfer the cake to a serving plate.
Formatted and Busted by Carriej999@... 3/6/98 Recipe by: Debbie Fields
Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by Carriej999<Carriej999@...> on Mar 7, 1998
Random recipe of the day