|1 large||Green Cabbage; Leafy Head|
|5½ pounds||Ground Beef|
|1 small||Onion; Chopped|
|¼ cup||Green Pepper; Chopped|
|½ cup||Cooked Rice|
|⅛ teaspoon||Seasoned Pepper|
|Butter Or Margarine|
|1 pounds||Stewed Tomatoes; Canned|
1. Cut out and discard hard center core of cabbage.
2. Remove large outside leaves; reserve.
3. Working from the bottom, use a sharp paring knife to hollow out cabbage, leaving a shell about 1½" thick.
4. Place cabbage shell and leaves in a large bowl; add boiling water to cover; let stand 10 minutes. Drain.
5. Thoroughly combine beef, onion, pepper, eggs, rice and seasonings.
6. Fill cabbage shell, mounding mixture on top.
7. Dot with butter.
8. Press softened outside leaves around stuffed cabbage shell.
9. Tie with soft cord or secure with toothpicks to hold shape.
10. Place in Dutch oven. Combine remaining ingredients; pour around cabbage. Cover.
11. Bake at 325 degrees for 2 ½ hours.
12. Makes 6 servings.
Recipe by: diane@...
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 203 by "Diane Geary" <diane@...> on Nov 5, 1997
Random recipe of the day