|1||Piece tangerine peel|
|1 pounds||Lotus root|
|1 pounds||Pork neck bones|
|3||Chinese red dates|
1. Separately soak dried cuttlefish and tangerine peel.
2. Peel lotus root. Cut in half lengthwise, then in ¼-inch slices.
3. Boil water and pour over pork bones in a soup pot. Parboil 5 minutes.
Drain, discarding liquid, and rinse bones under cold running water.
4. Cover pork bones with remaining water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and skim off fat.
5. Add soaked cuttlefish, tangerine peel, lotus root, reddates and salt.
Simmer, covered, 1 hour. Skim surface.
6. Add boiling water to restore to original 3 quarts. Simmer, covered, 2 hours more.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day