|¾ cup||Rice; cooked|
|1 tablespoon||Fresh parsley; chopped|
|1 teaspoon||Curry powder|
|1 teaspoon||Brown sugar|
|½ teaspoon||Poultry seasoning|
|1 pinch||Garlic powder|
|2||Chicken breast halves without skin|
|1 tablespoon||Olive oil|
|½ cup||Dry white wine|
|1 teaspoon||Chicken base - Better Than Bouillon|
1. To prepare onion, peel skin from onion; cut in half through the root.
Reserve one half for another use. Place other hall, cut side down, on cutting board. To coarsely chop onion, hold knife horizontally Make cuts parallel to board, almost to root end. Next, make vertical, lengthwisecuts, then slice across cuts to root end. (The closer the cuts are spaced, the finer the onion is chopped.)
2. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat until foamy. Add onion; cook and stir about 3 minutes or until onion is soft. Remove from heat.
3. Stir rice, raisins, parsley, curry, brown sugar, poultry seasoning and garlic powder into skillet; mix well and set aside.
4. Flatten chicken breasts to ⅜-inch thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Divide rice mixture evenly among chicken breasts; spread to within 1 inch of edges.
6. Roll up each chicken breast from short end, jelly-roll style; secure with wooden toothpicks, making sure filling is entirely enclosed.
7. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; add chicken rolls to skillet in single layer. Cook 15 minutes or until rolls are brown on all sides. Add wine and bouillon to skillet; carefully stir until granules are dissolved.
Cover; simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender NOTES : Additional rice stuffing may be prepared and served alongside = the chicken rolls. Bake in covered casserole at 350ø until heated = through.
Serves: 4 Calories: 307 (23% from fat) Fat: 7g Recipe by: Cooking Class Cookbook Posted to EAT-LF Digest by "Lisa Whittington" <esordliw@...> on Feb 25, 1998
Random recipe of the day