|½ cup||Olive oil|
|½||Red pepper,finely diced|
|½||Green pepper, finely diced|
|1 pounds||Best-quality lump crab meat|
|2 larges||Eggs, beaten|
|1½ cup||Coarse ground homemade bread crumbs|
|Salt, freshly ground pepper|
|1 cup||Dry white wine|
|1 cup||Whipping cream|
|8 ounces||Unsalted butter, softened|
|½ cup||Chopped fresh cilantro|
CILANTRO BUTTER SAUCE
1. Heat ¼ cup of the oil in a large skillet; cook red and green peppers in the oil until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon. Cool.
2. Mix crab meat, eggs, cooked peppers and 2 tablespoons of the bread crumbs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Using wet hands, shape crab mixture into 8 equal-size cakes. Place on a wax paper-lined plate and chill up to several hours.
3. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat crab cakes in bread crumbs on all sides. Heat remaining ¼ cup oil in a large, ovenproof skillet. Add crab cakes in a single layer. Cook until nicely browned on bottom, about 2 minutes. Carefully turn cakes over and then place in oven.
Bake until golden on all sides, 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, for sauce, boil wine with shallot in a medium non-reactive saucepan until reduced to ⅓ cup. Stir in cream and boil until reduced by about half. Working over very low heat, whisk in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until sauce is light and thick. Do not allow sauce to boil at any time or it will separate.
Strain sauce through a fine wire mesh strainer into a warm bowl. Stir in cilantro, salt and pepper. Keep warm by covering tightly with plastic wrap and then placing bowl in a pan of warm water.
5. To serve, pour a few tablespoons of the sauce onto a warm serving plate. Top with a crab cake. Garnish with chopped tomato and cilantro sprig. Serve immediately.
Posted By japlady@... (Rebecca Radnor) On rec.food.recipes or rec.food.cooking
Random recipe of the day