|10||Ears young; tender corn, cut from the cob, up to 12|
|1 can||Rotel® tomatoes; finely chopped|
|¼ cup||All-purpose flour|
|¼ cup||Cooking oil|
|¼ teaspoon||Black pepper|
|1 large||Onion; chopped|
|1 large||Bell pepper; chopped|
|1||Clove garlic; chopped|
|8 ounces||Tomato sauce|
|1 pounds||Small shrimp; peeled and deveined, up to 2|
|½ teaspoon||Cayenne pepper; optional|
1. Make a golden brown roux with oil and flour, not too dark.
2. Add onions and bell pepper and cook until tender.
3. Stir in corn, tomatoes and seasonings; cook 5 minutes, stirring often to prevent sticking.
4. Add water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer approximately 45 minutes. Soup will become somewhat thickened.
5. Add shrimp and cook until they are pink. Simmer another 20 minutes.
Notes: Can be served immediately, but it is best when refrigerated at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend. Serve as an entree or a main dish.
Formatted and Busted by RecipeLu Posted to recipelu-digest by RecipeLu <recipelu@...> on Mar 21, 1998
Random recipe of the day