|2 cups||Dark seedless raisins|
|⅓ cup||Thawed, frozen orange-juice concentrate|
|1 teaspoon||Grated orange rind|
|1 cup||(2 sticks) butter, softened|
|¾ cup||Confectioners' sugar|
|2 cups||Unsifted all-purpose flour|
1. To make filling, in 2-quart saucepan, combine raisins and orange-juice concentrate (reserve 1 t orange-juice concentrate for glaze). Heat mixture to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 5 minutes. Remove filling from heat and stir in orange rind; cool.
2. Heat oven to 375'F. To make short-bread base, in large bowl, beat butter and ½ C sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually stir in flour and salt until soft dough forms.
3. With fingertips, press half of dough into bottom of ungreased 9-inch-square baking pan. Spread filling over dough in pan. Between sheets of generously floured waxed paper, roll out remaining dough to 9-inch square. Carefully place dough square onto filling in pan, press dough down lightly to seal.
4. Bake Orange-Raisin Shortbread 30 to 35 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately cut Shortbread into sixteen 2¼-inch squares. Cool squares in pan on wire rack.
5. To make glaze, in small bowl, combine remaining ¼ C confectioners' sugar, the water, and reserved 1 teaspoon orange-juice concentrate. Spread glaze over tops of shortbread squares. Store Orange-Raisin Shortbread in an airtight container.
Country Living/Sept/90 Scanned & fixed by DP & GG
Random recipe of the day