|1¼||Stick (3/4 cup) butter or margarine|
|1 teaspoon||Baking soda|
|1 teaspoon||Baking powder|
|1¼ teaspoon||Ground cinnamon|
|1 tablespoon||Vanilla extract|
|2||Squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate; grated or finely ground in food processor or blender|
|4 cups||All-purpose flour|
|1½ cup||Whole unblanced (natural) almonds; toasted and coarsely chopped|
|1||Egg beaten with:|
From: Chris Susalski <DntlQueen@...> Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 16:18:21 -0400 1. In a large bowl beat sugar, butter, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon with an electric mixer until blended.
2. Add eggs and extract; beat until smooth. Stir in grated chocolate. With mixer on low speed, beat in flour, half at a time. Stir in almonds. Cover dough and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to shape.
3. Position racks to divide oven in thirds. Heat oven to 350. Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
4. Divide dough in fourths. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion of dough into a 12 inch log. Place 2 logs 4 inches apart on each cookie sheet. Brush with egg glaze.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, switching cookie sheets halfway through baking, until logs feel firm. Loosen logs and cool on sheets 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 275 degrees.
6. Slide logs onto cutting board. With a long serrated knife, carefully cut each log diagonally into 20 slices. Arrange slices upright on cookie sheets.
7. Bake 20 minutes or until dry. Remove to rack to cool completely. Store airtight.
EAT-L Digest 16 July 96
From the EAT-L recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day