|¼ cup||Butter or margarine|
|¼ cup||Vegetable oil|
|¼ cup||Brown sugar|
|3 tablespoons||Curry powder|
|1 tablespoon||Ground ginger|
|¼ teaspoon||Cayenne pepper|
|1½ pounds||Pecan halves|
|⅓ cup||Chutney; finely chopped|
|Salt to taste|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat butter and oil until butter melts.
2. Stir in brown sugar, curry powder, ginger, and cayenne. Add pecans and stir until well coated.
3. Add chutney to pan and mix well. Salt to taste.
4. Line two baking sheets with paper towels. Spread pecans in pan. Bake until pecans are toasted, 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Remove pecans from paper towels and let cool. (Do not let pecans cool on paper towels or they will stick.) Makes about 7 cups.
Timesaver Tip: Nuts can be made up to a week ahead and stored, covered, in refrigerator. Nuts can also be frozen up to 2 months.
NOTES : A generous coating of spices gives these pecans a memorable snap.
Recipe by: the California Culinary Academy Posted to EAT-L Digest by Sean Coate <swcoate@...> on Dec 30, 1997
Random recipe of the day