|16 ounces||Pitted dates; coarsely chopped|
|3||Colored candied pineapple slices (4 oz), cut in thick wedges|
|1||Jar candied red cherries; (4 oz) quartered|
|1 can||Toasted slivered almonds; (4 oz) 1/2 Cup|
|1 pack||Whole Brazil nuts; (2 1/2 oz) thinly sliced|
|1¼ cup||Unsifted all-purpose flour|
|½ teaspoon||Baking soda|
|½ cup||Butter or margarine; softened|
1. In medium bowl, combine dates, pineapple, cherries, almonds, Brazil nuts, and sherry; mix well. Let stand at room temperature, 1 hour.
2. Sift flour with baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In large bowl,with electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter, sugar, and egg until light and fluffy. 4. with spoon, stir in flour mixture until well combined; stir in fruit mixture.
5. Refrigerate, covered, 6 hours or overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
7. Drop dough by level tablespoons, 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets. If desired, decorate with bits of candied peel.
8. Bake on middle rack of oven, 14 minutes, or just until golden brown.
Remove cookies to wire rack; cool completely.
9. Store cookies in airtight container. (A slice of bread in container helps keep cookies moist. Replace bread often, to prevent mold.) Makes about 5 to 6 dozen.
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 301 by "Diane Geary" <diane@...> on Nov 24, 1997
Random recipe of the day