|1½ cup||Unbleached all-purpose flour|
|2 teaspoons||Baking soda|
|½ cup||Unsweetened cocoa powder|
|4 ounces||Plain soy yogurt|
|1 cup||Nonfat soy milk|
|1 tablespoon||Vegetable oil|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
1. Preheat the oven to 425F / 220C and grease an 8x8-inch square pan or line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, sugar, and cocoa and set aside.
3. In a food processor or blender, mix the yogurt, soy milk, oil, and vanilla until smooth. Pour the yogurt mixture in the dry ingredients, stirring until well combined.
4. Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until the brownies spring back when touched.
5. Cool the brownies to room temperature before slicing.
(Make 16 brownies. Nutrition information PER SERVING (1 brownie): 113 calories, 2⅘ g total protein, 1½ g soy protein, 22 g carbohydrate, 1.7 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 110 mg sodium.) Soyfoods USA; Vol. 3, No. 2; March 16, 1998. Soyfoods USA. NOTICE! Permission is granted to reprint this information, as long as credit is given to the Indiana Soybean Board
Notes: Everyone loves brownies. This recipe, which incorporates soy milk and soy yogurt, produces cakelike rather than fudgey brownies. Adding a half-cup of walnuts or tofu chocolate chips makes these even more irresistible.
Supplied by info@... on Mar 16, 1998, converted by MC_Buster; A favorite of the author's from "The Whole Soy Cookbook" a new book by Patricia Greenberg, email: ftgourmet@.... Published by Random House, ISBN 0-517-888130.
Recipe by: WHOLE SOY COOKBOOK by Patricia Greenberg** Posted to MC-Recipe Digest by KitPATh <phannema@...> on Apr 21, 1998
Random recipe of the day