|⅔ cup||Unsweetened cocoa powder|
|2¼ cup||Skim milk; divided|
|½ cup||Granulated sugar|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|Fresh strawberries; mint leaves; and unsweetened cocoa powder for garnish|
1. In a small bowl, lightly beat egg whites and set aside. In a large bowl, combine ⅔ cup of cocoa and cornstarch. Whisk ¾ cup of milk into cocoa mixture until completely smooth.
2. In a large heavy saucepan, combine remaining milk, sugar, and salt. Mix well. Bring to a boil over high heat, whisking constantly. Remove pan from heat.
3. Whisk cocoa mixture into hot milk mixture. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; boil for 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Remove pan from heat.
4. Gradually whisk 1 cup of hot cocoa mixture into the egg whites. Pour mixture back into pan. Cook over medium-low heat for 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Do not boil. Remove pan from heat.
5. Add vanilla; blend well. Pour pudding into serving dishes. Cool to room temperature. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Garnish with berries, mint leaves, and cocoa. VARIATION: Try adding a ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the cocoa mixture in Step 2.
FROM "HEALTHY MEALS IN MINUTES" From a collection of my mother's (Judy Hosey) recipe box which contained lots of her favorite recipes, clippings, etc. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day