|1¼ cup||Long-grain rice|
|¾ cup||Chicken broth|
|3 tablespoons||Lemon juice|
|2 tablespoons||Soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon||Ground ginger|
|1 pounds||Chicken breasts without skin|
|Abt 4 breasts|
|2 teaspoons||Peanut oil -- or salad oil|
|1¼ cup||Red bell pepper -- 1 inch|
|1 pounds||Bok choy -- chopped (2")|
1. Place rice and 2½ cups water in a 2-3 qt pan; bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed, abt 20 min.
2. Meanwhile, stir broth, cornstarch, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, honey, and ginger until smooth; set aside.
3. Cut chicken crosswise into ½ inch wide strips. Place wok or stir fry pan over high heat. When hot, add oil, then chicken. Stir often until chicken is no longer pink in center, 2-3 min. Lift out and cover to keep warm.
4. To wook, add bell pepper, bok choy, and 2 tablespoons water. Cover tightly and cook until bell pepper is barely tender-crisp to bite, 1 ½-2 min; lift out and set aside.
5. Stir broth mix, then pour into wok and stir bubbling, abt 1 min.
Gently mix in chicken and veggies. Spoon rice into center of a platter and arrange chicken mix alongside, placing bok choy around rim of platter. Add add'l soy sauce to taste.
Recipe By : Sunset - Jan 1996
Random recipe of the day