|1||(large) chicken breast|
|2 tablespoons||Smoked ham|
|1 can||(No. 2) cream-style corn|
1. Skin, bone and mince (or grind) chicken breast, as in steps 1 to 3 of recipe "Basic Chicken Velvet", gradually adding water. Mince smoked ham.
2. Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry; then fold into chicken mixture, along with sherry and salt.
3. With an egg beater, beat canned corn until creamy.
4. Bring stock to a boil. Add chicken mixture and corn. Slowly bring to a boil again. Meanwhile blend cornstarch and remaining cold water to a paste; then stir in to thicken.
5. Pour chicken-corn mixture into a deep serving bowl. Garnish with minced ham and serve.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day