|12 ounces||Spaghetti; uncooked|
|4||Chicken breast halves; skinned and boned|
|1 large||Egg; lightly beaten|
|½ cup||Italian bread crumbs|
|3 tablespoons||Butter; melted|
|1||Jar spaghetti sauce; 14 oz|
|½ cup||Mozzarella cheese; shredded|
|½ cup||Fresh parsley|
|½ cup||Fresh basil|
1. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain & keep warm.
2. Place chicken between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap and flatten to ¼" thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Dip chicken in egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
3. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 8 min on each side or until chicken in fork tender and no pink remains.
Remove chicken and drain on paper towels. Keep warm.
4. Heat spaghetti sauce in medium saucepan until heated through.
5. Place spaghetti on serving platter; top with chicken breasts. Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with cheeses. Garnish with parsley and/or basil.
Recipe by: Mr. Food "Oh So Easy" Collection Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #1042 by "Teri Sanford" <terily@...> on Jan 24, 1998
Random recipe of the day