|½ cup||Butter or margarine|
|½ teaspoon||Basil,dried leaf|
|3 cups||Chicken broth from Simmered+|
|2½ cup||Chicken from Simmered Chick+|
|2 cups||Cottage cheese,creamed|
|½ pounds||Lasagne noodles,cooked/drain|
|¼ pounds||Mozzarella cheese,thin slice|
|¼ cup||Parmesan cheese,grated|
1. Melt butter in a large; blend in flour, salt and basil.
2. Stir in chicken broth; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
3. Remove from heat; add chicken.
4. Mix beaten egg into cottage cheese.
5. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
6. Place a third of the chicken mixture in the bottom of the dish; top with half the noodles, half the cottage cheese mixture, half the spinach and half the mozzarella cheese.
7. Repeat the layering; end with the last third of the chicken mixture.
8. Top with Parmesan cheese.
9. Bake in preheated 375'F. oven 45 minutes.
10. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
*** SIMMERED CHICKEN ***
1. Put chicken in a kettle; add water and remaining ingredients.
2. Bring to a boil.
3. Cover tightly; reduce heat and simmer 1 hour, or until tender.
4. Remove from heat; strain broth.
5. Refrigerate chicken and broth at once.
6. When chicken is cool, remove meat from bones; cut into small cubes.
Random recipe of the day