|¾ teaspoon||Fresh ground pepper|
|1 teaspoon||Celery salt|
|1||Turkey; 12-to-15 pound, ready to cook|
|4 tablespoons||Butter or margarine|
|2||Onions; peeled and sliced|
|2 tablespoons||Finely cut parsley|
Cost: $$$ ; Preparation Time: 10 minutes Difficulty Level: 2 ; Servings: 10 or more 1. Have oven preheated to 425F. 2. Mix salt, pepper, and celery salt.
3. Rub into turkey thoroughly, inside and out.
4. Place bird in roasting pan.
5. Rub 3 tablespoons butter or margarine over breast and down sides.
6. Roast 30 minutes.
7. Combine onions, thyme,marjoram, parsley, and consomme.
8. Pour over turkey.
9. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and continue roasting for another hour.
10.Pour champagne over turkey.
11.Continue roasting an additional 2½ hours or until turkey is done.
13.When turkey is done:
* Remove turkey from oven.
* Strain pan gravy.
* Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter or margarine in saucepan.
* Stir in flour smoothly.
* Add strained pan gravy gradually.
* Stir and let boil 5 minutes.
* Serve in gravy boat.
Posted to The Gourmet Connection Recipe Page Newsletter by Gourmet Connection <trp-mailing-list@...> on Oct 31, 1998, converted by MM_Buster v2.0l.
Random recipe of the day