|1½ cup||Vegetable oil|
|5 tablespoons||Hot water|
|2½ cup||Sifted all-purpose flour|
|1½ teaspoon||Baking powder|
|½ teaspoon||Baking soda|
|1½ cup||Grated raw carrots|
|1 cup||Chopped pecans|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease well, then flour 10-inch bundt pan.
2. In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, cream oil and sugar until well mixed. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in hot water.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices, then beat into egg mixture.
4. Stir in grated carrots into batter, then add the chopped pecans.
5. Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form, then fold into batter.
6. Turn into prepared bundt pan and bake at 350 for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove from pan and cool on rack.
7. Dust cake with powdered sugar, if desired. Cut into wedges to serve.
Cake keeps well when wrapped and refrigerated.
Posted to Bakery-Shoppe Digest V1 #197 by Cindi Wafstet <wafstet@...> on Aug 20, 1997
Random recipe of the day