|⅓ cup||Evaporated milk|
|8 ounces||German sweet chocolate|
|1 cup||Flour (sifted)|
|1 teaspoon||Baking powder|
|6 ounces||Chocolate chips|
|1 cup||Chopped walnuts|
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 baking pan.
Combine caramels and evaporated milk in top of double boiler over low heat. Cover and simmer until caramels are melted, stirring occasionally. Set aside, keeping warm.
2. Combine German sweet chocolate and butter in 2 quart saucepan.
Place over low heat stirring occasionally until melted. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
3. Beat eggs until foamy using electric mixer at high speed.
Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is thick and lemon colored.
4. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture mixing well. Blend in cooled chocolate mixture and vanilla.
5. Spread half of mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 6 minutes. Remove from oven and spread caramel mixture carefully over baked layer. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
6. Stir ½ cup of walnuts into remaining chocolate batter. Spread batter by spoonfuls over the caramel layer. Sprinkle with remaining nuts.
7. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool in pan on rack. Refridgerate before cutting into bars or squares. These brownies are very difficult to cut if not chilled first.
Recipe By : from: _Cookiemania_ From: Marjorie Scofield Date: 04-28-95 (160) Fido: Recipes
Random recipe of the day