|1¼ cup||Graham-cracker crumbs|
|1¼ cup||Pecans; finely ground|
|1¼ cup||Sweetened coconut; Shredded|
|1¼ cup||Semisweet chocolate pieces|
|6 tablespoons||(3/4 stick) unsalted butter; at room temperature|
|3 cups||Confectioners sugar|
|½ cup||(1 stick) unsalted butter; at room temperature|
|⅓ cup||Maple syrup|
|8||Squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate; chopped|
|1 cup||Heavy cream|
|2 ounces||White chocolate; chopped|
Makes 4 dozen for $11.12. Prep: 20 minutes. refrigerate: 5½ hours.
1. Graham Layer: Combine crumbs, pecans, coconut, chocolate and butter in bowl. Press evenly over bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
2. Maple-Cream Layer: Beat confectioners sugar, butter and maple syrup in bowl until smooth and creamy. Spread evenly over graham layer. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
3. Topping: Melt semisweet chocolate in cream in saucepan over low heat.
Cool to room temperature, about 20 minutes. Pour evenly over maple layer.
Refrigerate until firm, for about 3 hours.
4. Melt white chocolate in small saucepan over low heat. Cool slightly.
Pour into paper cone; drizzle over Chocolate Topping. Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
5. Cut into 24 two-inch squares; cut each square in half for 48 bars.
Freeze or refrigerate.
Recipe by: Family Circle Magazine Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #1003 by "M. Hicks" <nitro_ii@...> on Jan 11, 1998
Random recipe of the day