|1 medium||Onion; chopped|
|½ cup||Chopped celery|
|½ cup||Chopped green bell pepper|
|2||Cloves garlic; minced|
|3 slices||Firm white bread|
|1½ pounds||Ground beef round or chuck|
|½ pounds||Ground pork or veal|
|1 teaspoon||Ground cumin|
|½ teaspoon||Cayenne pepper|
|1 tablespoon||Worcestershire sauce|
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small frying pan melt butter; add onion, celery, green pepper and garlic. Cool until wilted.
3. In a small bowl soak bread in milk and bread into crumbs.
4. In a large bowl place meats, vegetable mixture, bread with milk and remaining ingredients. Mix well and shape into a loaf.
5. Place loaf in shallow pan, bake one hour; serve.
From a collection of my mother's (Judy Hosey) recipe box which contained lots of her favorite recipes, clippings, etc. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day