|1 cup||Regular butter or margarine; not spread; at room temp.|
|¾ cup||Granulated sugar|
|¾ cup||Walnuts or hazelnuts;|
|¾ cup||Sour cream; at room temp.|
|Yolk from one large egg coarsely chopped|
|1 teaspoon||Ground cinnamon|
1. Beat butter, sour cream and egg yolk in a large bowl with electric mixer until smooth.
2. With mixer on low speed, gradually beat in flour until blended.
Divide dough in fourths. Wrap each separately and chill 1 hour or until firm enough to roll.
3. FILLING: Process sugar, nuts and cinnamon in food processor or blender until nuts are very finely chopped.
4. Heat oven to 375F. Have ungreased cookie sheets ready.
5. On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 piece of dough at a time (keep remainder refrigerated) to an 11-inch circle. Sprinkle with ¼ of the filling. Using a pizza wheel or small knife, cut circle into 16 wedges. Using a small metal spatula, carefully slide out 1 wedge. Roll up from wide edge to point of triangle. Place on cookie sheet and curve into a crescent shape. Repeat with remaining wedges and remaining pieces of dough.
6. Bake 25 minutes or just until golden. Remove to wire rack to cool. Store airtight at room temperature up to 2 weeks or freeze.
from Woman's Day 11/23/93 typed by Tiffany Hall-Graham Submitted By TIFFANY HALL-GRAHAM On 10-28-94
Random recipe of the day