|3||Feet small (1-1/2-inch diameter) hog casings|
|1½ pounds||Lean pork butt, cubed|
|1 pounds||Veal, cubed|
|½ pounds||Pork fat, cubed|
|¼ teaspoon||Ground allspice|
|½ teaspoon||Crushed caraway seeds|
|½ teaspoon||Dried marjoram|
|1 teaspoon||Freshly ground white pepper|
|1 teaspoon||Salt, or to taste|
"Bratwurst resembles plump hot dogs. This recipe makes three pounds." 1. Prepare the casings.
2. Grind the pork, veal, and pork fat separately through the fine blade of the grinder.
3. Mix the ground meats and grind again.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the meat mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Stuff the mixture into the casings and twist off into four- or five-inch lengths.
6. Refrigerate for up to two days. The bratwurst can be pan fired or grilled over charcoal.
FROM: Tandika Star, Jul-22-90 2:29pm Source: "Home Sausage Making", Reavis
Random recipe of the day