|1 tablespoon||Fermented black beans|
|½ pounds||Lean pork|
|¼ cup||Chinese parsley|
|1 tablespoon||Soy sauce|
|4 mediums||Bitter melons|
1. Soak fermented black beans.
2. Mince pork, together with parsley, scallions and garlic. Then blend well with soy sauce, oil, cornstarch, sugar, salt and pepper.
3. Cut each bitter melon in 1-½ inch slices. With a sharp knife, scoop out the spongy white pulp and seeds at the center of each slice.
4. Stuff pork mixture into centers, letting meat bulge out slightly (it will shrink during cooking).
5. Heat remaining oil. Brown bitter melon slices lightly on both sides; then remove from pan.
6. Mash soaked black beans; crush remaining garlic. Add to pan; add water, and bring to a boil, stirring.
7. Return stuffed bitter melon and bring to a boil again. Then simmer, covered, over medium heat, until done (about 20 minutes).
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day