|1 slice||Fresh ginger root|
|2 tablespoons||Soy sauce|
|5 tablespoons||Soy sauce|
1. Cut pork in 4 equal parts. Cut scallion in 2-inch sections.
2. Mince ginger root and garlic; then combine with soy sauce and sherry.
3. Add mixture to pork and toss gently. Let stand 30 minutes, turning meat occasionally; then drain, discarding marinade.
4. Heat oil in a heavy pan. Add pork and brown quickly on all sides.
5. Add sugar, remaining soy sauce, pepper and scallion. Simmer, covered, until pork is done (about 45 minutes). Cut in 1-inch cubes and serve.
NOTE: This dish can be made without water only if a very heavy pot is used. If pork shows signs of burning, however, add ¼ cup boiling water.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day