|2 larges||Sweet potatoes|
|Oil for deep-frying|
|1||Duck; 3 to 4 pounds|
|3 slices||Fresh ginger root|
|¼ tablespoon||Ground cloves|
|¼ teaspoon||Ground star anise (up to)|
|1 tablespoon||Soy sauce|
1. Peel sweet potatoes and cut in 1-½ inch cubes; dredge ligltly in cornstarch. Meanwhile heat oil. Deep-fry sweet potatoes until golden. Drain on paper toweling.
2. Bone duck and cut in 2-inch cubes. Crush garlic. Mince ginger root.
3. Heat remaining oil. Add garlic and ginger root; stir fry a few times.
Add duck cubes and brown.
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon, cloves, anise and sugar. Stir in soy sauce. Add stock and bring to a boil.
5. Add deep-fried potatoes and simmer, covered, until duck is tender (about
6. Blend remaining cornstarch and cold water to a paste; then stir in to thicken sauce.
From <The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook>, ISBN 0-517-65870-4. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day