|1 teaspoon||Butter, melted|
|¼ cup||Walnuts, chopped|
|½ pounds||Bowties or other short pasta|
|1½ cup||Onion(s), chopped|
|1 tablespoon||Olive oil|
|1 tablespoon||Garlic, sliced|
|2 tablespoons||Oregano or|
|½ teaspoon||Dried oregano|
|¼ cup||Parsley, chopped|
|2||Roasted red bell peppers, diced, juice reserved|
|⅓ cup||Grated Parmesan cheese|
1. Preheat oven to 325øF.
2. Mix the butter and chopped walnuts in a bowl, then transfer to a roasting pan. Roast until the walnuts have darkened in color, 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add 2 tsp salt and the pasta. Cover until the water returns to a boil. Cook until tender but fir, 7-9 minutes. Before draining pasta, reserve ¬ cup of the pasta water.
4. In a medium skillet, saut the onion(s) over medium heat in the olive oil until they begin to brown, 8-10 minutes.
5. Add the garlic and saut for 2-3 minutes. Add the reserved pasta water and simmer for 1 minute. Add the remaining 1 tsp salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, and roasted peppers and their juice, and remove from the heat.
6. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Toss. Add the walnuts and Parmesan cheese, and toss again. Serve hot or at room temperature.
The Occasional Vegetarian by Karen Lee ISBN 0-446-51792-5 pg 140-141 Submitted By DIANE LAZARUS On 10-04-95
Random recipe of the day