|5 cups||Fresh Berries|
|Red Food Coloring|
|1||Whole 9" Baked Pastry Shell|
|Whipped Cream; Sweetened|
|Berries; For Garnish|
1. Wash and drain berries.
2. Crush 1 cup of berries, combine with water and cook 2 minutes.
3. Drain juice and reserve. Discard pulp.
4. Add water if necessary to make 1¼ cups juice.
5. In a saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch.
6. Stir in berry juice, and cook over medium heat until thickened and clear.
7. Stir in a few drips of food coloring if desired.
8. Spoon about ¼ cup of berry glaze evenly over bottom and sides of the baked pastry shell.
9. Arrange half the berries on the glaze on the bottom of the pastry.
10. Spoon half the glaze over the berries.
11. Spread remaining berries on top of glaze and spoon remaining glaze over the berries.
12. Chill 4 hours. Just before serving garnish with sweetened whipped cream and few choice whole berries.
Recipe by: diane@...
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 231 by "Diane Geary" <diane@...> on Nov 9, 1997
Random recipe of the day