|1 pack||Active dry yeast|
|4||Eggs,at room temperature|
|½ cup||Butter or margarine,softened|
|2 teaspoons||Orange rind,grated|
|¾ cup||Brown sugar,light|
|¼ cup||Corn syrup,light|
|1 tablespoon||Butter or margarine|
1. Measure warm water into large warm bowl.
2. Sprinkle in yeast; stir until softened.
3. Add eggs, butter, sugar, orange rind, rum, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth.
4. Gradually mix in 3½ cups flour until smooth.
5. Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead in remaining ½ cup flour until smooth.
6. Cover; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
7. Punch down dough; turn out onto lightly floured surface and divide in half.
8. Roll out each half to ⅜-inch thickness; cut into 1 ¾-inch rounds.
9. Cover; let stand 20 minutes. 10. In large skillet, heat oil (1 inch deep) to 375'F.
11. Fry beignets 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until golden brown on both sides.
12. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
13. Serve warm with Butterscotch Sauce.
*** BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE ***
1. Combine brown sugar, corn syrup and butter in saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and stir in half-and-half and vanilla.
4. Serve warm.
Random recipe of the day